December 4-5, 2012 Where:
Renaissance Arlington Capital View, Arlington, Va. Why:
The Import/Export Seminar was created to address a recognized industry need for education and discussion on regulatory trade requirements for feed, ingredients and pet food. Key representatives and experts from various government agencies will provide participants with pertinent information about their agencies’ unique roles and responsibilities as it pertains to the trade of feed, ingredients and pet food. Participants will learn about current constraints and how they can support the efforts of the varying agencies. Who Should Attend:
Feed, ingredient and pet food professionals responsible for the importing and/or exporting of products. Speakers:
Individual experts from the Office of the United States Trade Representative (Executive Office of the President), the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service and the Foreign Agricultural Service and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The program will give insight into the roles of the different government agencies, available resources, question-and-answer sessions and regional trade updates. Important Note:
Space for this event is limited, so be sure to register early. LOGISTICS
- HOTEL: Conference attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. We suggest the Renaissance Arlington Capital View, where the seminar will be held. Please make your reservations directly with the hotel at (703) 413-1300 and mention you will be attending the AFIA meeting to receive the preferred room rate of $199 for single or double room occupancy. We recommend making your hotel reservations by Nov. 5, to receive the discount. After this date, AFIA’s room block will be released, and rooms will be priced at higher rates, if available.
- AIRPORT and GROUND TRANSPORTATION
Renaissance Arlington Capital View
2800 South Potomac Avenue
Arlington, VA 22202
Tel: (703) 413-1300
- The Reagan Washington National airport (DCA) is 2.1 miles or 5 minutes from the hotel. Taxi fare is approximately $12.
- Hotel parking is $20 a day.
- American Airlines is offering a 5 percent discount on all flights into Washington for IES registrants. This discount is valid for travel between Dec. 2-8, 2012. Please make your reservations at www.aa.com. Enter promotional code 33D2BJ in the promotional code box under the “book flights” tab or “enter passenger data” tab while making your reservation.
- Hertz Rental is offering discounts for IES registrants through Customer Discount Program (CDP) #1937390.
- Avis is offering a discount on car rentals for seminar registrants through Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) #G028647.