AFIA's Four Promises
At the American Feed Industry Association, we take our promises to members very seriously. Below are highlights of the four promises – voice, representation, expertise and engagement – that we make to YOU, our members!
YOU WILL HAVE A VOICE AS PART OF THE TOTAL ANIMAL FOOD INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
As an AFIA member, you will join representatives from all the major animal food industry groups gathered around the AFIA table, which ensures that:
- AFIA provides one powerful, united voice representing every segment of the animal food industry
- All members have a voice in consistent, member-driven policy and issue position development
- All members with a vested interest in the big picture solutions for our industry can gain consensus on critical issues within a single forum
- AFIA will execute communication strategies for its members that convey consistent, positive messages to the media, whether in times of prosperity or crisis
- AFIA will be actively engaged in coalitions that promote food safety, positively shaping consumer perceptions and influencing a sustainable future
- AFIA will maintain an active presence in international policy and forums to ensure long-term competitive balance
WE WILL PROVIDE EXPERT LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY LEADERSHIP AND REPRESENTATION
AFIA stands ready to protect its members and drive their positions on critical legislative and regulatory issues that affect their businesses. Your membership entitles you to benefits including:
- Proactive and creative representation on critical state, national and global legislative and regulatory issues that could significantly impact your business operations and financial success
- Opportunity to participate on committees, task forces and member interest groups in member-driven position development
- Members-only access to critical information on legislative and regulatory issues via afia.org
- An influence on import and export policies that impact the future of your business
WE OFFER CONFIDENTIAL INDIVIDUAL STAFF EXPERTISE ON DEMAND
For more than 100 years, AFIA has solidified its reputation as the trusted resource for the total animal food industry. Helping members interpret regulatory issues and succeed in an ever-changing industry are hallmarks to our association. We offer our members confidential, individualized technical support services including:
- Access to regulatory and inspection expertise and guidance
- Interpretation of legislation and regulations that assist your business team complying with regulations
- Certification Programs
- AFIA offers certification programs that go beyond federal regulations to ensure the highest quality feed and pet food production
- FSC36 Safe Feed/Safe Food Certification Program
- FSC32 Manufacturer of Animal Feed Certification Program - GFSI benchmarked
- International Safe Feed/Safe Food Certification Program with FAMI-QS
- FSC34 Pet Food Manufacturing Certification Program - GFSI benchmarked
- Counsel and clarification on trade issues
- Strategic public relations and crisis communications advice
- Referral to expert technical and legal services when needed
WE WILL PROVIDE ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR SPECIALIZED TRAINING, PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION AND NETWORKING
AFIA provides your company unique opportunities for education and industry networking forums. These services are based on member demands and are self-supporting.
- Training and Education Programs
- AFIA offers training programs, webinars and conferences in conjunction with prominent universities and industry experts
- Equipment Manufacturers Conference
- Feed Industry Institute
- Food Safety Modernization Act trainings
- Liquid Feed Symposium
- Networking Programs
- AFIA facilitates opportunities to engage with the best resources in the industry—your peers!
As a partner with its members, the AFIA team works to protect your investment and enhance the success of your business.
As an industry professional, you work with your team to strengthen and grow your business.