AFIA's Mission, Vision and Values
The AFIA is committed to representing the total feed industry, as a key segment of the food chain, and member companies’ interests with one industry leadership voice on matters involving federal and state legislation and regulation; keeping members informed of developments important to them; creating opportunities to network and address common issues and interacting with key stakeholders essential to the success of the feed and animal agriculture industries.
We envision a future where our members are vital members of their communities, providing the safest and highest-quality food to nourish America’s domestic livestock and pets in accordance with appropriate, evidence-based regulatory guidelines and industry best practices. We strive to achieve the adoption of game-changing solutions that will allow our industry to reduce our environmental footprint by promoting key advances while advocating for national policies that keep pace with scientific innovation.
- We value providing America’s domestic livestock, poultry, aquaculture and pets with safe and nutritious food so they stay healthy throughout their lives and reach their genetic potential.
- We value responsible voluntary programs and science-based regulations that enhance the care of animals, improve the quality, safety and sustainability of the animal food products we manufacture, promote safer workplaces and more efficient business practices.
- We value being transparent about how animal food is manufactured and providing key influencers with more information to make better informed decisions.
- We value scientific research that fosters innovation in agriculture, so more people have access to affordable and healthy meat, milk, egg and seafood products.
- We value fair global trade and mutual respect between trading partners.
- We value working with reliable partners to adopt practices that enhance our sustainability in order to help us protect the environment for our families, neighbors and future generations.