AFIA's Mission, Vision and Values
To be the voice of the U.S. animal food industry, influencing policy and connecting people.
A healthier world through advanced animal nutrition.
- We value providing America’s domestic livestock, poultry, aquaculture and pets with safe and nutritious food so they stay healthy throughout their lives and reach their genetic potential.
- We value responsible voluntary programs and science-based regulations that enhance the care of animals, improve the quality, safety and sustainability of the animal food products we manufacture, promote safer workplaces and more efficient business practices.
- We value being transparent about how animal food is manufactured and providing key influencers with more information to make better informed decisions.
- We value scientific research that fosters innovation in agriculture, so more people have access to affordable and healthy meat, milk, egg and seafood products.
- We value fair global trade and mutual respect between trading partners.
- We value working with reliable partners to adopt practices that enhance our sustainability in order to help us protect the environment for our families, neighbors and future generations.
- We value quality training and education for a skilled and knowledgeable workforce.