Facility Registration for Export of Feed Additives, Premix or Compound Feed to China
Through the collaborative efforts of the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) and the American Feed Industry Association (AFIA), the Agricultural Marketing Service’s (AMS) Livestock and Poultry Program has agreed to assist with registering non-animal-based additive, premix and compound feed manufacturing facilities for export to China to facilitate access to the Chinese feed additive, premix and compound feed market. To learn more, visit to the AMS Livestock and Poultry Program website.
Register Your Feed Additive, Premix and Compound Feed Facility
Step 1 - Register Your Product(s) with MARA:
Complete all the necessary steps to obtain a Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs (MARA) product registration or official waiver from product registration.
- Product registration with MARA can be a lengthy process and MUST be completed prior to being placed on the GACC facility list.
- Product registration materials may be found on MARA’s website.
- A waiver from product registration means an official document, typically with a government seal, specifying the product and that it is indeed exempt from product registration.
Step 2 - Confirm FDA Food Facility Registration:
Make sure your FDA Food Facility Registration is up-to-date.
- Registration should have been renewed between October to December 2020 through FDA’s Unified Registration and Listing System (FURLS) Registration system
- That registration is good until December 2022.
- If you have not registered or renewed your registration, see FDA Registration of Food Facilities and Other Submissions.
Step 3- Registering Facilities with GACC through AMS:
Complete the following forms and submit in one packet to the AMS (EV.Export@ams.usda.gov) with Subject: “Feed Registration Export to China”:
- AMS Application for Service LP109 Form, and
- Facility Registration form(s) (as applicable)
- "New Facility Application" form: Use this form if wishing to add a new facility on to one of the five GACC lists for Feed Additives, Premix and Compound Feeds.
- "Additional Products Application" form: Use this form in addition to the "New Facility Application" form when you have more than one product you wish to be associated with your new facility.
- "Updated Facility Application" form: Use this form when you have a facility currently on one of the four facility lists for Feed Additives, Premix and Compound Feeds, but you wish to make a change (e.g., facility address change, company name change, product name change, etc.). (NOTE: You must have already made these changes with the product registration with MARA first).
- Schedule of AMS Submission to GACC
|Forms due to AMS By:
||AMS submits requests to GACC
|Due quarterly to AMS by the first Friday in March, June, September and December.
||Last week of March, June, September and December
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions on the Submission Process for the GACC facility list. Email EV.Export@ams.usda.gov for more information or questions.