Supporting the Ag Industry on Social Media During COVID-19
Written by: Lacie Dotterweich | May 11, 2020
In this tumultuous time, our industry plays an important role in not only getting fact-based news and information out, but also in sharing the powerful story of our industry employees, who continue to report to work to ensure a stable feed and pet food supply.
The American Feed Industry Association is participating in and following a few social media initiatives to help share the stories of the agriculture industry and we hope that you will join us. Below are a few hashtag campaigns you may consider following or posting to:
- The International Dairy Foods Association recently launched a digital campaign, #Essential, to salute the men and women working around-the-clock to provide Americans and the world with fresh, safe, nutritious food throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
- The American Bakers Association is partnering with Feeding America, a nonprofit organization that supports hunger relief, to provide foods and services to show we are all #InThisTogether.
- The Food & Beverage Issue Alliance, which represents food and beverage companies, is using #FeedingUS to celebrate those working tirelessly and safely, today and always, to feed us and the U.S.
- Croplife International is using #FoodHeroes to spread the word that without farmers, there would not be any food.
- The American Farm Bureau Federation is encouraging America’s farmers and ranchers to use #StillFarming to demonstrate that farmers and ranchers across the country are working diligently to provide a healthy and affordable food supply.
- The National Milk Producers Federation began a social media campaign geared toward dairy farmers and their allies, #DairyNeverStops, and is encouraging others to use the hashtag to share stories, engage in discussions and create a greater awareness of the dairy industry’s circumstances for policymakers in Washington and across the United States.
These are just a few of the hashtags we have come across so far that are being used throughout the agricultural industry. If you come across any additional hashtag campaigns or your company is launching any, please let us know in the comments below.