AFIA Recognizes Outgoing Committee Members for Their Time and Service
Contact Lacie Dotterweich, Communications Coordinator
The American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) depends heavily on the dedication and involvement of members who volunteer annually to serve on committees. These committees further the success of the association’s mission, objectives and programs and the AFIA thanks these volunteer members and the companies they represent for their service.
Most of the committee terms run from May 1-April 30 each year and volunteers serve a term of three years. Each of AFIA’s 14 committees are focused on supporting the AFIA’s core legislative and regulatory objectives and/or member services. The committees oversee the AFIA’s ongoing activities, interests and programs in very specific disciplines and reflect all segments of the total feed industry.
“Our committee structure keeps us connected to our members, allowing us to work side by side on issues that affect the whole industry,” said AFIA President and CEO Constance Cullman. “It’s incredibly important for the feed industry to advocate with one, unified voice – and we can do just that thanks to our committee members. We appreciate the commitment of time, expertise and resources by all who have served on AFIA committees.”
The AFIA thanks the following 2021 outgoing committee members.
- Danny Migliorisi, Trouw Nutrition USA LLC
- Jyme Nichols, Bluebonnet Feeds
- Katie Reames, CFC Farm & Home Center
- Ty Springer, Ocala Breeders Feed & Supply
- Mary Storch, SmartPak Equine LLC
- Ashley Wagner, Probiotech International Inc.
Equipment Manufacturers Committee
- Jamison Anding, The Essmueller Company
- Pete Calderon, Scott Equipment Company
- Roger Price, GSI
- Kendall Wilcox, APEC - Automated Process Equipment Corp.
Ingredient Approval and Definition Committee
- James Emerson, Darling Ingredients Inc.
- Dan Frank, Kent Nutrition Group, Inc.
- Jayd Kittelson, Cargill, Inc.
- Daniela Solomon, Novozymes North America, Inc.
International Trade Committee
- John Fornazor, Fornazor International, Inc.
- Berit Foss, POET Nutrition
- Carrie Genenbacher, ADM Animal Nutrition, Inc.
- Kim Gibson, Kemin Industries, Inc.
- Chad Risley, Berg+Schmidt America, LLC
- Laura Baas, Darling Ingredients Inc.
- Sean Borges, Elanco Animal Health
- Stacy Boyd, MARS Horsecare US
- Daniel Lackey, Huvepharma, Inc.
- David Silver, International Nutrition, Inc.
- Kyle Trudell, ADM Animal Nutrition, Inc.
- Robert Barrett, Producers Cooperative Association
- Cari Berrett, PerforMix Nutrition Systems, LLC
- Justin Bundy, Bill Barr & Company, Inc.
- Ryan Ordway, Balchem Corporation
Pet Food Committee
- Jeff Burnett, Wilbur-Ellis Pet Nutrition
- Ryan Hicks, Trouw Nutrition USA, LLC
- Barbara Howe, Kemin Industries Inc.
- Kirsten Knopff, Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc.
- Kari Nichols, Eurofins Scientific, Inc.
- Rand Schafer, Lortscher Animal Nutrition, Inc. - Bern
Production Compliance Committee
- Morgan Dugan, Indigo
- Mike Gauss, Kent Nutrition Group, Inc.
- Luke Lovin, Ag Partners LLC-Sheldon North
- Richard Obermeyer, Aviagen, Inc.
- Bob Petruzzi, Borregaard LignoTech
- Darrin Poole, Sanderson Farms, Inc.
Purchasing and Ingredient Suppliers Committee
- Justin Bzura, Old Bridge Chemicals, Inc.
- Kasia Rzepecki, Cargill Animal Nutrition
Quality and Animal Food Safety Committee
- Joan Kasprzycki-Strauss, Valley Proteins, Inc.
- Rick Phillips, Anitox Corporation
- Ken Rod, The F. L. Emmert Company
Sustainability Oversight Committee
- Christopher Kornegay, Tyson Foods